Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008

This post comes a bit late but, as a business owner + full-time rat race participant, time is not something I have much of. Better late than never right?!

Thanksgiving is the big holiday for the Lewis family. As many of us as possible squeeze into my dad’s house for about a week. We play cards (the annual “Oh Hell” tournament including trophy – which my dad almost always wins), talk trash, watch movies, and eat. My dad’s saintly wife, Angela, cooks most of Thanksgiving dinner all by herself. This year was no exception -- except that my Aunt Iris and her family were able to make it out from California – a rare treat. As such, we decided to do something special and visit NYC with all the kids. That would be 5 rug rats ages 3-13, and 7 adults ages 22 to old. 12 people trying to get around New York is certainly a challenge, but it was great to see the kids experience the wonder of the big city for the first time. My dad elected to stay home and enjoy some peace and quiet in his home.

(Matthew, Bonnie & Poppy, Wendy & family, and Kathy - we missed you!)

Please enjoy this photo documentary of our time together.

(sound on)