Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Puerto Rico! Sí!

I went on a brief and much needed trip to Puerto Rico with my dear friend Christiane - my travel buddy, macaroni and cheese buddy, talk for hours about nothing buddy... We hadn't spent quality time together in a few years (shameful I know!) so we decided on a girls getaway.

Puerto Rico seemed perfect since we both speak Spanish and dance salsa. It was fabulous, even though good salsa dancing largely evaded us. The highlight was certainly the little island of Vieques, 8 miles off the main island. Wild horses, serenity, untouched beaches, crystal clear waters, infinity pools, "caribbean french toast", a view so beautiful it makes you ache inside, and a bioluminescent bay - a verifiable paridise. And *perhaps* a place for my wedding next year. Yup, I liked it that much!

In Vieques, we stayed at the Inn on the Blue Horizon - P A R A D I S E !

In Old San Juan, we stayed at the Casablanca Hotel - incredible decor and a great location

Hope you enjoy the slideshow. The song is actually Cuban but it's one of my faves so... :-)