Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Road to Tulum

Hope you enjoy...

This is the first of two slideshows. This particular show includes two days worth of pictures. All the locations were along highway 308 which I dubbed "The Road to Tulum." I've been meaning to find the original map drawn by the owner of our hotel, its what we used to reach our destinations!

Each new location is marked with sand-script that was actually suppose to be funny... We actually spent a few minutes on our last day writing names of places we visited in the sand - talk about planning ahead!

We visited Xcaret "Esh-kar-et" on Thursday (day 1). It is an eco theme water park with many amazing sites.

We got to swim with the dolphins!!!

Yes that was my surprise from our first Mexico post. I've actually always dreamed of doing that and it was absolutely amazing - although I cant compare it to skydiving I can put it into the same caliber of experiences. Xcaret also had cenotes "sen o tays" which are underground water caves/tunnels. It was much more tamed than I expected but still something I had never done and would definitely do again. We tried to use my point-n-shoot in a water proof case but very little pictures came out.

Saturday we rented a car dubbed the Chevy Teeny Tiny by Kristiaan. We set out for a multiple stop road trip which included Yal-Ku an amazing lagoon for snorkeling; Zamas, a hotel/restaurant literally on the beach and Tulum which is a site of ancient Mayan ruins.

p.s. Sorry about the length, its roughly eleven and a half minutes but I promise you its worth it :)